1. Indonesian President Joko Widodo will address a joint sitting of parliament today after meeting with Governor-General David Hurley at Government House and a dinner with Scott Morrison at The Lodge yesterday. A new trade agreement between Australia and Indonesia is expected to be implemented by April.
2. 79.9% of the 428 properties up for auction in Sydney and 74.0% of the 401 properties auctioned in Melbourne this weekend sold according to preliminary auction clearance rates from CoreLogic.
3. The Chinese government has announced it has allocated 71.85 billion yuan ($15.39 billion) to fighting the coronavirus outbreak as the death toll reaches over 800 worldwide with over 37,000 confirmed cases.
4. GPT Group, Aurizon Holdings and GPT Group will deliver their latest results today as reporting season ramps up in its second week.
5. Wall Street's main indexes all fell on Friday but were still up for the week. The Dow Jones closed up 3.00% compared to the week before to 29,102.51, the S&P 500 gained 3.17% during the week to 3,327.71 and the Nasdaq moved 4.04% higher to end the week on 9,520.51.
If you liked this article you'll love the Switzer Report, our newsletter and website for trustees of self-managed super funds. Click here for a FREE trial and to hear more of Peter’s expert commentary and advice.