1. Australians are expected to spend $5 billion over the next four days including Black Friday and Cyber Monday according to the National Retail Association (NRA). "We’re seeing a growing trend with consumers looking to knock off their Christmas shopping earlier than usual, with November starting to edge out December as the busiest period," NRA CEO Dominique Lamb said.
2. Speaking of Black Friday sales, Peter Switzer's book Join the Rich Club is available at a 40% discount for today only. Click here to purchase a copy.
3. The Australian Council of Superannuation Investors (ACSI) has said it will support the re-election of Westpac director Peter Marriott after previously calling for more board members to be axed. "The announcement [Westpac] made on Tuesday morning demonstrates the company is taking accountability," ACSI CEO Louise Davidson told the AFR.
4. China warned it would take "firm counter measures" after Donald Trump signed legislation in support of pro-democracy protestors in Hong Kong. "These laws are being enacted in the hope that leaders and representatives of China and Hong Kong will be able to amicably settle their differences leading to long-term peace and prosperity for all," Trump said in a statement.
5. The US stock market was closed on Thursday for the Thanksgiving holiday and will only open for a half day on Friday.
Pick up a copy of Peter Switzer's book Join the Rich Club from the Switzer Store today.