1. Scott Morrison is expected to tell the Business Council of Australia in a speech tonight that $3.8 billion in spending on infrastructure projects will be fast-tracked over the next four years, with the PM highlighting that the government are not "economic panic merchants". "A panicked reaction to contemporary challenges would amount to a serious misdiagnosis of our economic situation," Morrison's speech reads.
2. CSL has been named the top performing blue-chip stock this year in an article by the AFR. CSL's share price has increased 47% this year, putting it 14 percentage points ahead of the next highest blue-chip stocks, Wesfarmers and Woolworths.
3. In the latest on the trade negotiations between the US and China, Donald Trump said that "if we don’t make a deal with China, I’ll just raise the tariffs even higher".
4. APRA said in a report yesterday that it is "considering the benefits associated with observing board meetings" of banks and other financial services companies.
5. The Dow Jones ended Tuesday in the red, falling 0.36% to 27,934.02. The S&P 500 was slightly down, closing 0.06% higher to 3,120.18, while the Nasdaq moved 0.24% higher to 8.570.66.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.