1. SQM Research's Louis Christopher predicts that house prices will rise between 11-15% in Melbourne and 10-14% in Sydney next year. The average growth across the capital cities will be 7-11%.
2. The median growth super fund option has returned 14.4% for 2019 to the end of October according to research from SuperRatings published by The Australian, while the median balanced option was up 12.5%.
3. The federal government will today announce a new tax incentive for foreign investments of more than $500 million into some infrastructure projects, The Australian reported.
4. Trade talks between China and the US have been held up over China's hesitance to commit to buying a specific dollar amount of US agricultural products according to a report by The Wall Street Journal. Donald Trump said last month that China had agreed to buy up to US$50 billion of agricultural products as part of the "phase one" trade deal.
5. Overnight on Wall Street, the Dow Jones closed up 0.33% to 27,783.59, the S&P 500 rose 0.07% to 3,094.04 and the Nasdaq fell 0.05% to 8,482.10.
If you liked this article you'll love the Switzer Report, our newsletter and website for trustees of self-managed super funds. Click here for a FREE trial and to hear more of Peter’s expert commentary and advice.