1. Goldman Sachs has become a substantial holder of Webjet's share capital, purchasing 16.98 million shares (or 5%) of the travel company hit hard by COVID-19.
2. Telstra and the federal government have partnered to launch a cyber defence program. The program was announced yesterday in response to Australians losing an estimated $6.4m to scammers acting as myGov or Centrelink employees.
3. 90% of the Australian Retail Association's members are experiencing stock or supply chain disruptions due to COVID-19.
4. Mike Cannon-Brookes, CEO of Atlassian (the software giant that has worked on a number of energy projects) says the government's intervention in the Liddell power station replacement will “create market confusion”. "Most people who were going to do something are going to sit aside saying I’m going to wait for the government," said Cannon-Brookes.
5. The Dow closed 0.0081% higher at 27,995.60. The S&P 500 was up 0.52% to 3,401.20 and the Nasdaq was up 1.21% to 11,190.32.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.