1. Victorian Premier Dan Andrews has taken personal accountability for enforcing curfews in the state after health experts, including the Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said there was "no medical basis" for the 8pm curfew enforcement.
2. Employees of small and medium businesses have been hit hardest by COVID-19, with research from consulting firm Taylor Fry calculating 8% of jobs lost nationally were employees of small businesses and 7.2% were from medium sized businesses.
3. Citigroup has named Jane Fraser as its first female CEO, making her the first female CEO of a big global bank.
4. Qantas is lobbying for the QLD government to reopen borders, as "arbitrary border restrictions are having a profound economic and social cost to communities, businesses, supply chains and jobs in Queensland," wrote the company in a petition.
5. The Dow fell 1.45% to 27,534.58. The S&P 500 suffered a 1.76% drop to 3,339.19 and tech stocks suffered another blow with the Nasdaq closing 1.99% lower to 10,919.59.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.