1. The Andrews government has hired cloud-based software company Salesforce to assist with COVID-19 contact tracing.
2. A new buy now, pay later player has entered the stock market, with New Zealand based BNPL competitor Laybuy listing on the ASX yesterday and climbing 45%.
3. Australia’s 500 biggest private companies have been revealed, with Gina Rinehart’s Hancock Prospecting taking the top spot, paper manufacturer Visy in second, CBH Group third, Linfox fourth and HCF fifth.
4. President Trump announced he would detach the US economy from China if he wins the election. “If Biden wins, China wins, because China will own this country,” said Trump.
5. Wall Street was closed for the Labor Day public holiday and so we looked to Europe and the stock markets there were all up around 2% due to positive vaccine news.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.