1. Victorian businesses have spoken out against the Andrews government's lockdown restrictions, with many businesses not being able to operate until late October.
2. Healthcare giant CSL has signed two agreements to supply COVID-19 vaccines. The first being 51 million doses of the University of Queensland's vaccine candidate and the second being Oxford University's vaccine candidate.
3. The Australian Banking Association will begin assessing loan deferrals as they come to an end in September/October.
4. The US and the European Union are in disagreement over a 3% digital levy proposed by the EU that will further tax tech giants like Apple, Alphabet and Amazon, which have been the "real winners of this crisis".
5. The Dow dropped 0.56% to 28,133.31. The S&P 500 fell 0.81% to 3,426.96 and tech stocks were hit hardest with the Nasdaq tumbling 1.27% to 11,313.14.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.