1. The Morrison government will introduce The Foreign Relations Bill in parliament next week, which could propose an end to Victoria's Belt and Road Initiative with Beijing, as well as ban other arrangements with foreign governments that do not align with Australia's national interest. This includes arrangements with universities and Australian public institutions.
2. Afterpay reported a 73% rise in profits, as the buy now, pay later platform have recorded an average of 20,500 new customers per day in the fourth quarter.
3. Zip Co launched a new business lending partnership with eBay yesterday, called Zip Business, in addition to consumer lending, setting them apart from competitors. Zip closed 27% higher as of market close yesterday after the announcement.
4. Flight Centre reported a full year loss of $662 million and have announced no dividends or guidance after being rocked by the COVID-19 pandemic
5. The ASX is poised to rise today. The Dow closed 0.30% higher at 28,331.92, the S&P 500 was up 1.02% to 3,478.73 and the Nasdaq was up 1.73% to 11,665.06.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.