1. Qantas has reported an almost $2 billion loss and will not pay a dividend to investors, labelling the COVID-19 pandemic as one of its biggest challenges in history.
2. NGS Super and Australian Catholic Super have announced they intend to merge and create one larger fund worth more than $21 billion.
3. Wesfarmers reported a 69% plunge in profits compared to a year ago. The company will pay a final dividend of 77 cents to shareholders.
4. Apple has become the first publicly traded company in United States history to reach a US$2 trillion market cap. They were also the first publicly traded US company to reach a US$1 trillion market cap back in August 2018.
5. The ASX is tipped to open lower after the Dow dropped 0.31% to 27,692.88, the S&P 500 fell 0.44% to 3,374.85 and the Nasdaq lowered 0.57% to 11,146.46.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.