1. The Morrison government announced Australia has secured 25 million doses of the Oxford University COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine is one of the leading prospects in the global race and is already at phase 3 of clinical trial stages. The Prime Minister said "every single Australian" will be offered the free vaccine if it proves successful.
2. ANZ reported a rise in profit and confirmed they will pay out a 25 cent dividend.
3. CSL reported an almost 20% increase in full-year profits and will pay a final dividend of $US1.07 (AU$1.48), which is slightly higher than last year's dividend of $AU1.45.
4. The S&P 500 rose to an all-time high yesterday, beating its COVID-19 losses completely. The consumer discretionary sector rose the most, up 1.5% yesterday, but the bulk of the fast-paced bounceback has been credited to the "megacap" tech stocks, including Amazon, Netflix and Alphabet.
5. The Dow fell 0.24% to 27,778.07, the S&P 500 closed 0.23% higher to 3,389.78 and the Nasdaq jumped 0.73% to 11,210.84.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.