1. New Zealand has delayed their September 19 election by four weeks to October 17 due to the reappearance of COVID-19 in NZ.
2. Christopher Lynch (who was previously the CFO at Rio Tinto, CEO at Transurban and a senior executive at BHP) will join Westpac's board from September 1.
3. A number of blue-chips will report their earnings this week, with BHP and Westpac reporting tomorrow, ANZ and CSL reporting on Wednesday, ASX, Qantas and Webjet reporting on Thursday and more.
4. ZEET stock update: Zip Co has soared 68% since May, now priced at $6.32. ELMO is now a $5.81 after reporting a 25% revenue increase. EML rose 6.13% to $3.29 and Tyro, who have dropped 11% since May at $3.37 are set to report their earnings tomorrow (Tuesday 18).
5. The ASX is tipped to fall this morning. The Dow closed 0.12% higher on Friday at 27,931.02, the S&P 500 dropped 0.017% to 3,372.85 and the Nasdaq was 0.21% lower at 11,019.30.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.