1. NSW Premier Gladys Berijiklian has warned NSW citizens of harsher restrictions if more people do not wear face masks in public and if businesses do not adhere to COVID-safe rules.
2. CBA says 16,200 of the 135,000 paused home loan repayments are "higher risk" and the bank will urge them to shift to interest-only terms in October.
3. Telstra's full year reporting profits were at $1.839 billion, down 14.4% from last year. They will pay a half-year dividend of 8 cents and a full-year dividend of 16 cents.
4. Southwest Airlines is approaching its first annual loss in 48 years, since 1972, as the Coronavirus pandemic has seen revenue down 75% compared to a year ago. According to their CEO, the company is losing roughly US$20 million per day.
5. The ASX is tipped to rise. The Dow closed 1.05% higher yesterday at 27,976.84. The S&P 500 rose 1.40% to 3,380.35, while the Nasdaq jumped 2.13% to 11,012.24.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.