1. Kamala Harris has been selected as Joe Biden's vice presidential running mate.
2. CBA reported an 11.3% drop in full-year cash profit, announcing they will pay a 98 cent final dividend to shareholders.
3. Tollroad group Transurban reported an $111 million net loss after traffic slowed due to COVID-19. They will pay a full-year dividend of 47 cents for FY20, but a 16 cent dividend for the six months ending on 29 June 2020.
4. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced Auckland would enter level-three lockdown for 3 days, until 12pm on Friday, after 4 unsourced cases of COVID-19 were revealed from one single family. The rest of NZ will be in level 2 restrictions until Friday.
5. The ASX is poised to open higher. The Dow was down 0.38% to 27,686.91. The S&P 500 was 0.80% lower at 3,333.69 and the Nasdaq fell 1.69% to 10,782.82.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.