1. According to ABS data, 32% of the population received government stimulus package payments.
2. Companies receiving JobKeeper payments have reported higher profits during reporting season, even increasing dividend payments to shareholders. Adairs and Nick Scali are among companies who increased shareholder dividend payments whilst receiving JobKeeper.
3. Sydney Airport went into a trading halt this morning as they ask their shareholders to contribute to a $2 billion pandemic bailout.
4. Lebanon's prime minister announced the resignation of his government on Monday following the Beirut explosion. Anti-government protests in Lebanon have been the largest in the past two days since the country has seen since October. PM Diab said the explosion was a "crime" caused by "endemic corruption". The "system of corruption is bigger than the state", said Diab.
5. The ASX is set to open flat this morning. The Dow rose 1.30% to 27,791.44, the S&P 500 jumped 0.27% to 3,360.47 and the Nasdaq fell 0.39% to 10,968.36.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.