1. JobKeeper has been given its second lifeline as the Victorian COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread. Prime Minister Scott Morrison will throw a further $15 billion to support workers and businesses impacted by COVID-19 through JobKeeper.
2. Gold has continued to surge overnight, hitting another record of $US2069.79 an ounce.
3. News Corp reported a 31% full year net loss of $US1.55 billion ($2.14 billion) in their reporting season announcements.
4. The US has reimposed 10% tariffs on aluminium imports from Canada. President Trump said, “Canada was taking advantage of us, as usual," as he announced his decision.
5. ASX tipped to fall, despite The Dow rising 0.68% overnight, closing at 27,386.98. The S&P 500 jumped 0.64% at 3,349.16, and the Nasdaq soared 1.00% to 11,108.07.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.