1. There were 459 new COVID-19 cases and 10 deaths yesterday in Victoria, as the Australian Medical Association calls for an extension of Melbourne's lockdowns. The global number of COVID-19 cases has crossed 16 million, with 645 000 deaths worldwide.
2. The CommSec State of the States report has ranked Tasmania as Australia's best performing economy, while Victoria has slipped to second. The ACT is the third best performing economy in Australia, while NSW is fourth, Queensland fifth, SA sixth, WA seventh and Northern Territory is eighth.
3. It is set to be a critical week for markets, particularly the Nasdaq, as some of the world's biggest tech firms - including Apple and Amazon - will report their earnings.
4. ZEET stock update (percentage changes are
|ZEET:||Current price:||Change (% since May 29)|
5. The ASX is tipped to drop after the Dow closed down 0.68% to 26,469.89 on Friday. The S&P fell 0.62% to 3,215.63, while the Nasdaq dropped 0.94% to 10,363.18.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.