1. The Morrison government intends to legislate changes to close the national security gaps in Australia's foreign investment regime.
2. Payroll data from the ATO and ABS shows about 950,000 jobs were lost between March 14 and May 2. Though, Treasury estimates 850,000 of these jobs could be reinstated by July, when we are expected to roll into the third stage of restriction lifting. Boston Consulting Group predicts there will only be 570,000 back in their jobs by as late as December.
3. There are 397 active cases of COVID-19 in NSW, 90 in VIC, 7 in QLD, 26 in WA, 1 in SA and 7 in TAS.
4. Qantas plans to restore 300 domestic flights in the next three weeks and boost flight capacity by 25 per cent by the end of July.
5. US stock futures rose on Thursday, with the Dow closing up 0.045% to 26,281.82, the S&P 500 down 0.34% to 3,112.35 and Nasdaq down 0.69% to 9,615.81.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.