1. NSW will keep its borders open for travel from June 1. Museums, art galleries and libraries will also open from that date and clubs, pubs and cafes will be allowed 20 people.
2. The COVIDSafe app has not yet reported any cases of COVID-19, despite nearly six million people across Australia downloading the app.
3. Over 6.3 million people have enrolled for Job Keeper payments, which is above the forecasted 6 million. The Treasury is expected to review budgets in June as Job Keeper is expected to move beyond its expected $130 billion budget.
4. Biotech company, Moderna, fell 6% in extended trading last night after it was announced the company did not provide enough data regarding the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine. On Monday, the company announced pleasing results about their vaccine, which they said produced COVID-19 antibodies in all 45 human participants in an early-stage trial.
5. Stock futures fell slightly on Wall Street yesterday, pushing market volatility. The Dow fell 1.59% to 24,206.86, the S&P 500 dropped 1.05% to 2,922.94 and Nasdaq fell 0.54% to 9,185.10.
Pick up a copy of Peter Switzer's book Join the Rich Club from the Switzer Store today.