1. China has gone ahead with imposing 80.5% tariffs on Australian barley imports, triggering cautious relations between Australia and China. This comes as Australia, along with the EU, lead the push for an independent investigation into the origins of COVID-19. Australian farmers say it is a "significant and devastating hit" to the industry following droughts and bushfires.
2. President Trump has revealed he is taking the anti-malaria drug hydroxycholoroquine to ward off coronavirus. He has pushed for the anti-malaria drug as a precaution to fight COVID-19, despite many medical experts advising against it due to the side effects of the drug.
3. Moderna, which is a US-based biotech company have announced promising early results for a COVID-19 vaccine. They conducted their first human safety tests on Monday.
4. Disney’s Head of Streaming, Kevin Mayer, is set to become the new chief executive of the newest popular social media app - TikTok.
5. Wall Street soared in its best day since early April, after the announcement of a hope for a COVID-19 vaccine by Moderna. The Dow rose 3.85% to 24,597.37. The S&P 500 was up 3.15% to 2,953.91 and Nasdaq was up 2.44% to 9,234.83.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.