1. The first round of bids for Virgin Australia occurred on Friday, with GH Capital, Brookfield Private Equity and Bain Capital remaining the front runners to buy the airline. The second round of bids will occur today.
2. PM Scott Morrison has said Australia cannot return to its "pre-COVID system and will push for a remodelled economy and industrial compact between workers, employers, unions and government to boost employment.
3. A 60-year-old man died of coronavirus overnight, as the state had its second consecutive day of recording just one new case.
4. Unemployment in China has remained near historic highs in April rising to 6.0% in April, from 5.9% in March, despite the country ridding itself of the coronavirus.
5. The Dow closed up 0.25% on Friday at 23,685.42. the S&P 500 was up 0.39% to 2,863.70 and Nasdaq rose 0.79% to 9,014.56.
Pick up a copy of Peter Switzer's book Join the Rich Club from the Switzer Store today.