1. NSW Premier Gladys Berijiklian has said NSW will not be lifting any lockdown restrictions before Mother's Day on Sunday, even if the National Cabinet give the go ahead to do so.
2. Australia diagnosed just 21 new COVID-19 cases across the nation yesterday.
3. The US government will be releasing its next jobless claims report on Thursday, which reflects the number of claims to unemployment benefits.
4. Elon Musk and his partner, Grimes, have chosen a particularly interesting name for their newborn baby: X Æ A-12. Grimes explained the name in a tweet yesterday:
Speculations assume it would be pronounced "Ecks Ai Archangel".
5. The Dow ended its upward streak, closing down 0.91% to 23,664.64. The S&P 500 dropped 0.70% to 2,848.42 and Nasdaq took the lead again, up 0.51% to 8,854.39.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.