1. Two men in Victoria died from coronavirus overnight, taking the Australian death toll to 9. There are now 1219 cases in NSW. People aged between 20 and 29 have the highest number of coronavirus cases in NSW.
2. NSW supermarkets and pharmacies have been cleared to operate 24/7, as announced by Planning Minister Rob Stokes yesterday.
3. Italy has had its third consecutive day of single digit COVID-19 case rises. While the curve is not yet flattened, these figures have offered a "crumb of hope" that Italy's intense lockdown measures are effective. The most recently updated number of cases in Italy is now 74,386. The death toll in Italy is now 7503.
4. The global death toll from coronavirus has passed 20,000, as Spain overtakes China as second worst-hit country behind Italy.
5. Wall Street saw another positive day, with the Dow finishing up 2.39% at 21,200.55. The S&P 500 was up 1.15% at 2,475.56. Meanwhile, Nasdaq fell 0.45% to 7,384.30.
Click here to subscribe to the Switzer TV channel on YouTube and keep up to date with all of our shows.